How do you know if it’s allergies or a cold?
Can allergies feel like a cold?
What is the difference between a cold and sinus allergy?
What gets rid of allergies fast?
- Oral antihistamines. Antihistamines can help relieve sneezing, itching, a runny nose and watery eyes.
- Decongestants. Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed, Afrinol, others) can provide temporary relief from nasal stuffiness.
- Nasal spray.
- Combination medications.
How do I know if I have allergies or sinus infection?
What color is allergy mucus?
How do I unclog my nose from allergies?
- Use a humidifier. A humidifier provides a quick, easy way to reduce sinus pain and relieve a stuffy nose.
- Take a shower.
- Stay hydrated.
- Use a saline spray.
- Drain your sinuses.
- Use a warm compress.
- Try decongestants.
- Take antihistamines or allergy medicine.
What is the best medicine for allergies and sinus?
Steroid Nasal Sprays
- Beclomethasone (Beconase)
- Fluticasone (Flonase)
- Mometasone (Nasonex)
- Triamcinolone (Nasacort)
What is the best medicine for allergies?
Which antihistamine is best for sinusitis?
Along the same lines as OTC options, antihistamine medications, such as Sudafed, Claritin, Zyrtec or Benadryl, can also offer sinus infection symptom relief.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.