When roasting a chicken do you cover it?
- Place the chicken into the oven and roast (uncovered) at 450 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- When your chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and cover it loosely with a sheet of tinfoil.
- Serve the roasted vegetables, and save the pan drippings to make chicken gravy!
What is the cooking time for roast chicken?
How do I cook a whole chicken Jamie Oliver?
How does Gordon Ramsay roast a chicken?
How do you roast a Mary Berry chicken?
How does Ina Garten roast chicken?
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.