How long do you boil carrots for?
- 7 to 9 minutes for ¼-inch slices.
- 4 to 6 minutes for strips.
- 8 to 10 minutes for baby carrots.
What is the healthiest way to cook carrots?
Is it good to boil carrots?
How do I Steam carrots?
- Fill a medium wide-mouthed pot with 2 inches of water. Set a collapsible steamer basket insert into the pot, then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Put the carrots in the steamer basket and cook, covered, until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Is it better to steam or boil carrots?
How long do you steam baby carrots for?
Do you have to peel carrots?
How do you steam baby carrots in the oven?
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Add carrots and oil to large mixing bowl and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper and toss again to combine.
- Transfer carrots to extra large rimmed baking sheet. Roast 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
How long do you steam baby carrots in the microwave?
- Place baby carrots in a microwave-safe dish and cover with water. Cook at high (100%) power for 3 minutes. To make 1 (16-oz.) package, extend the cooking time 5 minutes.
- Keep dish covered and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Why do carrots take so long to cook?
Do carrots spark in the microwave?
How do you soften carrots quickly?
- Place carrots and water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Top with a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes. Allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Drain excess water and add butter. Toss until butter is melted and carrots are coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.