How do I delete all attachments from iPhone messages?
Here’s what you have to do to rid your device of all attachments.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Select General, then iPhone Storage.
- Select Review Large Attachments under the Recommendations section.
- Tap Edit.
- Select the attachments that you want to delete.
- Tap on the trash icon in the top right corner.
Why wont my iPhone let me delete attachments?
The answer is that the setting regarding “keep messages forever” will prevent you from “Removing Large Attachments.” Deleting will appear to work but it really won’t. I changed the setting to “Every 30 days” and then I was able to remove the attachments. My storage level went from 29g out of 64g used to 8g out of 64g.
How do I delete attachments from messages on Mac?
Hold down the Command (⌘) key on your keyboard and click on all the attachments in this pop-up menu you want to delete. 4) With one or multiple attachments selected, right-click on one of them to display a menu and hit Delete. 5) In the pop-up confirmation that appears, click Delete Attachment to confirm your action.
How do I delete pictures from messages?
Delete picture messages (MMS)
Locate the message you want to delete. Touch and hold the message. Tap Delete message. Tap OK.
Why can’t I delete photos from iPhone messages?
The answer is to go settings>general>iPhone storage>messages>photos. There you can delete any photo from your messages. The only issue is it will only show a certain number of them so you have to keep deleting to get smaller size pics to show where you can delete them.
How do I delete multiple photos from iPhone messages?
In iOS 13, in a text message hold your finger on any photo in the message until a dialog box pops up. Tap More. A circle will appear next to each response in the message, including each photo. Tap every photo you want to delete.
How do I mass delete Imessage attachments?
What is the fastest way to delete large attachments on iPhone?
There’s another way to reach just large attachments: go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Review Large Attachments. iOS and iPadOS list attachments that can be deleted in order of size, from largest to smallest. You can swipe left and tap Delete to free up storage this way, too.
How do I delete photos from text messages on iPhone?
Open Messages, tap the conversation, and then do the following.
- Tap and hold the photo, link, or attachment.
- Select More.
- On the next screen, the item will have a checkmark.
- Tap Delete (trash can icon) on the bottom.
- Confirm that you want to remove those items by tapping Delete again.
When you delete an attachment in iMessage does it delete for the other person?
Deleting a message from iMessage will not remove it from the recipient’s phone.
How do I permanently delete messages from iPhone?
Tap and hold on the message you’d like to delete. Tap on “More” when the pop-up options appear. Tap on the dots next to any other messages you’d like to delete, if any. Tap the trash can icon in the bottom-left corner, then tap “Delete Message” to confirm.
How do I permanently delete messages?
Open your text message app and locate the text you’d like to delete. Then, long-press the message. A pop-up window will appear. Click ‘Delete.
How do I permanently delete text messages from my SIM card?
Step 1: On your Android phone go to “Settings”. Step 2: After that you need to tap on “System” option. Step 3: Then select “Reset” option. Step 4: Next, tap on “Erase all data (Factory reset)” option.
How do I permanently delete photos from iPhone?
Here’s how to delete photos permanently:
- Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
- Tap the Recently Deleted album, then tap Select.
- Tap the photos or videos that you want to delete or tap Delete All.
- Tap Delete again to confirm.
How do I permanently delete photos?
To permanently delete an item from your device:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the items you want to delete from your Android phone or tablet.
- In the top right, tap More Delete from device.
How do I permanently delete photos from my iPhone 12?
iOS 12: How to permanently delete photos on iPhone
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the Albums tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe to the very bottom and tap on Recently Deleted (shows as just text in iOS 12 now)
- Tap Select in the top right corner.
- Now you can either choose Delete All from the bottom left corner or select individual photos.
How do I permanently delete photos from iPhone and iCloud?
Delete photos and videos
- In Photos on iCloud.com, select the photos or videos you want to delete, or double-click a single photo or video.
- Click. , then click Delete. Deleted photos and videos are placed in the Recently Deleted album, where they remain for 30 days before being permanently removed.
Can you permanently delete files stored in the cloud?
The Naked Truth. For most backup and file sharing services, you can delete files either locally (on the device through which you access the files) or directly on the cloud server, usually through a browser or app. From the Deleted Files folder, you can either restore the file or permanently delete it.
How do I permanently delete an app from my iPhone and iCloud?
How to Delete Apps from iCloud
- From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
- Choose “iCloud“
- Select “Storage“.
- Select “Manage Storage”
- Select your device.
- Scroll down and select “Show All Apps“.
- Turn the app on or off as desired.
- Tap “Turn Off & Delete” when prompted, and you’re done.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.