How do I get rid of a print job that won’t delete?
How do I clear the printer queue in Windows 10?
- Press Windows key + R, type services.
- Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right-click on it and select Stop.
- Next you need to go to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and select Start for the Print Spooler service.
How do I find my printer queue?
- Click the “Start” button and select “Printers” or “Printers and Faxes” from the menu. A window opens up showing all the printers you can access.
- Double-click the printer whose queue you want to check. A new window opens with a list of current print jobs.
- Right-click on any print jobs you want to remove from the queue.
Why do my documents get stuck in queue?
How do I fix a print queue issue?
- Cancel your documents.
- Restart the Spooler service.
- Check your printer drivers.
- Use a different user account.
Why can’t I delete a document in print queue?
How do I clear my HP printer queue?
- Open the print queue. If a printer icon displays in the notification area, double-click the icon to open the print queue.
- Right-click the print job you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
Why does my print queue not clear after printing?
Why do documents stay in queue after printing?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.