Should I throw away old books?
What can I do with unwanted books?
- Use We Buy Books to Sell Your Books for Cash.
- Give Them to Family & Friends.
- Donate Your Books to Charity.
- If You Can‘t Keep Books Circulating, Contact a Recycling Centre.
Where can I donate old books?
- National Library Board. Source.
- Dignity Mama.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook. Source.
- Migrant Library Singapore. Source.
- EcoBank. Source.
- The Salvation Army. Source.
- Singapore Really Really Free Market. Source.
Who will pick up books for free?
What do you do with old school books?
- Sell Textbooks.
- Donate Textbooks.
- Trade Textbooks.
- Recycle Textbooks.
What’s the best thing to do with old encyclopedias?
Are old books worth anything?
How do you sell books for cash?
- Amazon.com (as Third-Party Seller)
- Sell Back Your Book.
- Half Price Books Stores.
- Yard Sales & Garage Sales.
How do I get rid of second hand books?
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Who will take second hand books?
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
What is the best way to sell used books?
Is there a market for second hand books?
If you’re looking for second–hand books near London’s South Bank, then don’t miss dropping by the Southbank Centre Book Market.
Where can I sell my books for the most money?
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- 4. Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
Is it safe to buy second hand books?
What is the cheapest place to buy books?
- Book of the Month Club. Book of the Month Club is a book subscription service offering cheap new books.
- Bookroo. Bookroo is the kid-friendly equivalent of Book of the Month Club.
- Better World Books.
- Powell’s Books.
Where can I buy books for $1?
- Online: lastbookstorela.com.
- Online: bookoffusa.com.
- Online: dollarbookfair.com.
- Online: booksalefinder.com.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.