How do I know if I have thrush on my nipples?
- Burning nipple pain.
- Flaking skin on the nipple or areola.
- Shiny skin on the nipple or areola.
- Painful breasts without tender spots or sore lumps.
- Stabbing pains in the breasts behind the areola.
- Itching on or around the nipple and areola.
Will thrush on nipples go away on its own?
Oral thrush in babies usually goes away by itself, or with an oral antifungal medicine. As antibiotics can make your baby even more susceptible to thrush in the future, your pediatrician may want to avoid prescribing them.
What does yeast infection on nipples look like?
Why are my nipples itching like crazy?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.