How do I make a PDF file smaller so I can upload it?
Click the Select a file button above, or drag & drop files into the drop zone. Select the PDF file you want to make smaller. After uploading, Acrobat automatically reduces the PDF file size. Download your compressed PDF file or sign in to share it.
How can I reduce the size of a file?
You can experiment with the available compression options to find the one that best suits your needs.
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
How do I reduce the size of a PDF?
The simplest is to re-save your file as a reduced-size PDF. In the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, open the PDF you wish to re-save as a smaller file, choose File, Save as Other, and then Reduced Size PDF. You’ll be prompted to select the version compatibility you need and then you can click OK to save.
How do I make a file smaller on a Mac?
Choose File > Reduce File Size (from the File menu at the top of the screen). Select the adjustments you want to make: Scale down large images: Images are scaled to the resolution used in the document while preserving visual quality.
How do I make a PNG file smaller on a Mac?
Reduce an image’s file size
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change.
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.”
- Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field. The new size is shown at the bottom.
How do I make PDF file smaller on Mac?
Compress a PDF in Preview on Mac
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the PDF, then choose File > Export. (Don’t choose Export as PDF.)
- Click the Quartz Filter pop-up menu, then choose Reduce File Size.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.