How do I make a PDF file smaller so I can upload it?
How can I reduce the size of a file?
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
How do I reduce the size of a PDF?
How do I make a file smaller on a Mac?
How do I make a PNG file smaller on a Mac?
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change.
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.”
- Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field. The new size is shown at the bottom.
How do I make PDF file smaller on Mac?
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the PDF, then choose File > Export. (Don’t choose Export as PDF.)
- Click the Quartz Filter pop-up menu, then choose Reduce File Size.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.