Are you hosting a party soon and need a lit drink to serve to your guests? Look no further because here’s a drink that will make your party extra special. Try making your own Virgin Margarita cocktail at home and impress your valued guests.
It’s a perfect non-alcoholic drink you can serve that even enceinte guests will appreciate. It’s very simple and easy to prepare; here’s the full recipe you can follow:
Homemade Virgin Margarita Recipe
This recipe has simple ingredients that you can easily find in your fridge or pantry, except for the sparkling water. If you don’t regularly drink it, then that’s the only thing you need to purchase.
There’s no specific brand that you need consider for the following recipes and feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- 120 ml of squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 120 ml of squeezed orange juice
- 120 ml sparkling water (lemon or lime flavor)
- Crushed ice
- Salt for garnish
- For the Juices
- For making Virgin Margaritas, it’s ideal to use fresh citrus fruits such as lemon, lime and orange. Make sure to wash them first before prepping for the drink. You can soak it with water and salt to take out all the chemicals from pesticides especially if it’s not organically grown.
- Slice your citrus fruits into half then squeeze it using a squeezer. You can drop the juices directly to the measuring cup so you only squeeze the amount that you need for this recipe. If you have a juicer, you can also take advantage of those to make the process faster. But if you prefer using canned lemon and orange juice, you may do so. Just remember, that it won’t be the same compared to the fresh ones. Also ensure that you follow the instructed amount.
- Mixing the Drink
- Once the citrus juices are ready, prepare a decent size pitcher for mixing or a huge glass bowl.
- Pour in your freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice and orange juice.
- Then add in some of the sparkling water in the mixture and mix it altogether.
- Take a margarita glass, (if you don’t have a regular glass it should work) and fill half of the glass with some crushed ice.
- Pour the Virgin Margarita mix onto the glass filling it all the way up.
- Garnish the top of the glass with some salt or you may ask your guests if they prefer it with salt.
- This recipe is good for one person and you must prepare desired servings based on the number of expected guests.
Additional Tips for Making Virgin Margarita
- Although it’s okay to prepare Virgin Margarita the night before the event, it’s still better when made on the spot. The freshness of the drink changes as time lapses. Also, you can have your guests help if you’re serving for more people.
- You can also blend your margarita mix with ice to make it like a smoothie type of drink. It makes the drink easier and enjoyable to drink.
- The best trick to make the margaritas taste better is by adding crushed fruits like peaches or strawberries. The fruits add a sweeter taste to the drink without taking away the essence of the citrus fruits.
- You may also prefer an alcoholic margarita by swapping sparkling water with any of these: vodka, tequila, rose or champagne. Be sure to drink moderately and everyone is legal to drink alcohol.
- Other than salt as a garnish, you may garnish it with lemon, lime or orange, whatever is available. Some prefer citrus garnish over salt.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.