How do you make Alfredo sauce from scratch?
- Add the cream and butter to a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the garlic and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Continue whisking until cheese has fully melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
What are the ingredients in Alfredo sauce?
How do you make Alfredo sauce from scratch without heavy cream?
Can you use milk instead of heavy cream for Alfredo sauce?
- 2 cups whole milk.
- ½ cup of wheat flour.
- ½ cup of butter.
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tsp oregano dried.
- A pinch of salt and white pepper to taste.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.