How do you open a tight jar lid?
- Give it a whack. Sometimes jar lids get stuck due to an extra strong seal from the factory.
- Warm water. Taylor Martin/CNET.
- Hair dryer. Another option for heating the lid is using a hair dryer.
- Tap above the threads.
- A spoon or butter knife.
- Silicon trivet.
- Duct tape.
How do you break a seal on a jar?
Why is Talenti so hard to open?
How do you break the vacuum seal on a pan from the lid?
- Put the sealed pan back on the burner.
- Heat the pan slowly on low so that the air inside the pan warms and expands.
- Wait for the seal to break. The lid should lift off without effort once the heated air inside expands.
How do you unstick two pans?
- Fill a sink with hot water.
- Set the stuck pans in the sink, just covering the bottom pan with the hot water. The hot water causes the bottom pan to expand.
- Fill the top pan with ice.
- Allow the pans to set for about five minutes, and pry them apart with your hands.
How do you open a stuck vacuum desiccator?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.