What are 5 tips for a successful job interview?
- Do your research. Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
- Practice your answers. Although there is no set format that every job interview will follow, there are some questions that you can almost guarantee will crop up.
- Look the part.
- Stay calm.
- Ask questions.
What to say at the beginning of an interview?
How can I impress the interviewer?
- “Tell me about yourself.” Don’t describe yourself. Just give them a short (two-minute maximum) synopsis of your professional career.
- “What are your strengths?” Don’t give your opinion.
- “Tell me about a time when” You should answer virtually every behavioral interview question like this in the same format.
What are the top 5 questions to ask an interviewer?
- How long have you been with the company?
- Has your role changed since you’ve been here?
- What did you do before this?
- Why did you come to this company?
- What’s your favorite part about working here?
How do you close an interview?
- Ask pointed questions about the job and the company.
- Restate your interest in the position.
- Summarize why you’re the one for the job.
- Find out next steps.
- Send thank-you emails.
- Hone your interviewing skills.
How do you answer why should I hire you?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.