It happens when the sheet or the workbook is protected. You need to unprotect the sheet or the workbook. Go to Review and click on the button unprotect sheet. It is possible that the sheet is protected using a password.
- Go to the Professor Excel ribbon.
- Click on the ‘Break Link Manager’ within the ‘Workbook Tools’ group (the button with crossed out link on it).
- Select all the link types you’d like to break and click on start.
- Now Professor Excel will break all the links.
- Choose Links from the Edit menu. Excel displays the Links dialog box.
- Select the link you want to change.
- Click on Change Source.
- In the Change Links To box, specify a new path for the file you want used as the source of the link.
- Make any additional link changes necessary by repeating steps 2 through 4.
- Click on OK.
How do I turn off enable content in Excel?
- Click File > Options.
- Click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Protected View.
- Disable the Enable Protected View for files originating from the internet checkbox.
How do I turn off enable editing in Excel?
- Click File > Options > Advanced. -OR- In Excel 2007 only: Click the Microsoft Office Button.
- Under Editing options, do one of the following: To enable Edit mode, select the Allow editing directly in cells check box. To disable Edit mode, clear the Allow editing directly in cells check box.
How do I turn off enable editing in office?
- Click the File tab in the upper left corner.
- Select Options.
- Select Trust Center in the left pane.
- Click Trust Center Settings.
- Select Protected View.
- Uncheck all three options under Protected View and Click Ok.
How do I enable editing?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.