How do you do a hard reset on a Microsoft Surface?
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + L. If you need to, dismiss the lock screen.
- Hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- After your Surface restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
How do I soft reset my Surface Pro?
How do I factory reset my surface without logging in?
How do I factory reset my Surface Pro 4?
How do I factory reset my Surface Pro 7?
How do I force a factory reset on Windows 10?
- Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window.
- Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC.
- Save or Remove Files. At this point, you have two options.
- Reset Your Computer.
- Reset Your Computer.
How do I reset my Surface Pro to factory settings without Bitlocker?
What do you do when your Surface Pro won’t turn on?
- Disconnect any USB drives, SD cards, USB accessories, external monitors, docks, or anything else you’ve connected to your Surface.
- If that didn’t work, connect the power supply that came with your Surface.
- When your Surface is plugged in with the original power cord, charge it for 15 minutes.
Why will my Microsoft Surface not turn on?
Why is my Surface Pro not charging when plugged in?
Why does my Surface Pro 7 screen go black?
What do you do when your Surface Pro screen goes black?
- Solution 1: Wait while updates are installing. Sometimes the Surface screen remains dark while Surface updates are installing.
- Solution 2: Force a shut down and restart.
- Solution 3: Reset your Surface using a USB recovery drive.
How do I wake up my Surface Pro?
- Press any key on your Surface Type Cover or keyboard.
- Press any key on your Surface Book or Surface Laptop keyboard.
- Press and release the power button on your Surface.
- Open the lid on your Surface and wait for the screen to turn on.
How do you fix a black screen on a tablet?
How do I fix my black screen?
How do I fix an unresponsive tablet screen?
Simply Turn OFF the Android phone and tablet completely. To restart device with touch screen not working: Press and Hold the Power button until your screen goes black. After 1 or 2 minutes, press and hold the power button to switch ON the device again.
Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
How do I reset my phone when the screen is black?
How do I reset my Android phone when the screen is black?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.