- Authour. The way that author is spelled in most English speaking countries. Because of American cultural dominance, the useful information is under the American spelling, author.
- Author. An author is the creator or originator of any written work such as a book or play, and is also considered a writer.
Patterson is frequently thought to be the best–selling author in the world today, and has been since 2001. He’s also credited as the first author to sell 1 million e-books, and is generally listed as the author with the most New York Times bestsellers.
|1||H. P. Lovecraft||101|
|2||Howard, Robert ErvinRobert Ervin Howard||78|
|3||Poe, Edgar AllanEdgar Allan Poe||52|
|4||McGonagall, William TopazWilliam Topaz McGonagall||36|
Who is the #1 writer in the world?
|May 10||Walk The Wire||David Baldacci|
|May 17||Camino Winds||John Grisham|
|May 24||The 20th Victim||James Patterson and Maxine Paetro|
|May 31||Camino Winds||John Grisham|
What is Amazon’s #1 best seller?
Which book is the highest selling book in the world?
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
What book took the longest to write?
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (10 Years)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (10 Years)
- No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod (13 Years)
- The Lord of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien (12-17 Years)
- Sphere by Michael Crichton (20 Years)
What is the smallest book?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.