How do you start an interesting conversation?
- 7 Ways to Start a Conversation that Leads Where You Want It to.
- Start with weather (or sports).
- Come out with a compliment.
- Talk about the venue.
- Ask a favor.
- Open with a joke.
- Start with an innocuous observation.
- Ask a question peripherally related to your intended topic.
What should I say to start a conversation?
- 2 Notice something nice. The opposite of the “we’re in this together” conversation starter is noticing something pleasant.
- 3 Pay a compliment. This technique can be a great ice-breaker.
- 4 Ask an opinion. We all want to feel like our opinions matter.
- 5 Offer help.
- 6 Look for common ground.
- 7 Ask for help or information.
How do you start a conversation with your crush over text?
Whatever your crush says, you want to be ready with a follow-up question to keep the conversation flowing. Your crush may say something along the lines of, “I’m doing my homework.” In reply, you can say something like “We got loads, didn’t we?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.