Can you root an African violet leaf in water?
How do you propagate violets in water?
Can you touch African violet leaves?
How do you propagate African violets from blossoms?
- Remove open blooms from plant, leaving only peduncles.
- Remove buds and pedicels above leaflets.
- Cut blossom stem below leaflets.
- The cut blossom stems ready to root.
- Rooting the blossom stems.
- Wait for the plantlets to appear!
- Separate and pot the plantlets.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.