How do you store tomatoes for a long time?
How do you store tomatoes for 6 months?
How do you store tomatoes for a month in the fridge?
What is the best way to preserve fresh tomatoes?
How can I preserve tomatoes without canning?
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place them cut side up on the dehydrator trays or a lined cookie sheet (if using your oven).
- Dehydrate until tomatoes are dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Can you freeze tomatoes instead of canning?
Can I freeze tomatoes whole?
How do you preserve tomatoes for the winter?
- Blanch. Drop tomatoes into boiling water for 60-90 seconds and, using a slotted spoon, transfer immediately into a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Prepare tomatoes. Remove stems and core tomatoes.
- Transfer into storage bags. Using a ladle or measuring cup, fill pint or quart sized ziploc bags.
- Seal bags.
- Into the freezer.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.