How do you start a reflective essay?
What is a reflective essay format?
What are the three parts of a reflective essay?
How do you write a reflective essay for university?
- Think about the topic. You will usually be given a topic to focus your thoughts around.
- Take notes. As and when you think of something during the ideating period, write it down.
- Decide who your reader is.
- Plan a strong beginning.
- Split the body into manageable parts.
- Conclude strongly.
- Read in order to write better.
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.