What are the best trailing house plants?
- Golden pothos. Golden pothos, Epipremnum aureum ‘Njoy’
- Heart-leaf philodendron. Heart-leaf philodendron, Philodendron scandens ‘Micans’ with orchid cactus (Disocactus) in the background.
- Orchid cactus. Orchid cactus in a hanging pot.
- Satin pothos.
- Red herringbone plant.
What are the best hanging plants for full sun?
- Petunias. Petunias are a timeless garden favorite because they offer so many color choices and varieties.
- Million Bells. Million Bells are a gorgeous mounding and trailing summer annual.
- Dragon Wing Begonia.
What is a hanging plant called?
What is the most drought tolerant plant?
- Mescal agave, Agave parryi. This agave from Mexico is a brilliant architectural plant that will look good all year round.
- Striped-stemmed aloe, Aloe striatula.
- Rock rose, Cistus.
- Angel’s fishing rods, Dierama.
- Mediterranean spurge, Euphorbia characias.
What plants do well in extreme heat?
- Lemon Verbena.
Can hostas take full sun?
Can geraniums take full sun?
Do petunias like full sun?
This petunia and verbena mix is planted in full sun to maximize flowering. Petunias need at least 5 or 6 hours of good sunlight; they’ll perform even better when located in full sun all day. The more shade they receive, the fewer flowers they’ll produce.
What month is best to plant petunias?
- When to plant: In spring, after the threat of frost has passed.
- Where to plant: For the best performance, plant in full sun (at least six hours a day).
- Soil: They grow best in a light, fertile soil that provides good drainage and is slightly acidic (pH 6 to 6.5).
- Grow petunias from seed:
Are coffee grounds good for petunias?
What do Overwatered petunias look like?
How often should petunias be watered?
Is it necessary to deadhead petunias?
David Nilsen is the former editor of Fourth & Sycamore. He is a member of the National Book Critics Circle. You can find more of his writing on his website at davidnilsenwriter.com and follow him on Twitter as @NilsenDavid.